Hi Everyone, another week closer to Christmas, where did the year go ? The committee this week will be meeting to start organising both the Fund Raising Try Sailing Day and also our Club Christmas Party which will be held on Sunday the 6th of December, so mark it in your diaries now.
With the warmer weather and 23 degree water we are now consistently looking at good numbers for this class with another dozen kids turning up on Sunday. The conditions were perfect with light breezes from the north so that we could put out a nice reach across the waterway . It was great to see Ava steering the laser but the best effort for the day goes to Tianna who managed with Hado's help to get the super quiet Mary on the water and enjoying herself. Great work Tianna .
With the winds slowly turning e/n/e and after some practice just going around the buoys we sent everyone of to the east side port marker down from the club . This created better conditions wind wise as it was a couple of knots stronger down there so everyone managed to achieve better speeds especially the laser with Jess on board and also after a long absence due to a broken arm we had Alex Caban out there on his bic also going fast . All I have to do now with this group is stop them from constantly asking me the time ?
Open Bic Racing
upwind at the moment (must be the hiking stool he is practicing on) , It might be time for Pat to take it home and train on it, as it definitely looks like it works.
With the winds turning east, we started over in the Runaway Bay Marina corner and sent the fleet upwind to A mark then up the track to the top of Sovereign then across into the inlet and then back down to A. The winds were around 15 / 17 knots so it made for great racing with Will home first and Greg not far behind . Unfortunately, both Casey and Sienna who raced with the Adults both suffered gear failure on the upwind to B but they both managed to sail back to the club unaided (Sienna broken vang and Casey broken tiller universal). The Tasar wasn't so lucky with early gear failure, but dogged determination they continued until the inevitable capsize . Wisely Mum and Ollie decided to transfer to the safety boat and Aidan jumped on to help Ben bring it home .
We are looking for volunteers for the Windsurfing Nationals being held in January 2016 on the Australia day weekend , we need people both on the water and on the shore so if you are free just let us know !
wind and tides